Wednesday, August 21, 2013

BWAHAHAHAHAHA! One For The Bucket List!

This was the last image I saw before turning out the light last night.  I'd been paging through my new issue of Horse International magazine and lo and behold, there it was!  And I thought, "Sweet nine pound Baby Jesus!  THIS is one for the bucket list!  I might never be able to actually ride at the All England Jumping Course at Hickstead (what with being an amateur and the whole wrong side of the pond thing), but THIS is something I could pull off and at the same time say I'd competed on those hallowed grounds."

So here you go, donkey chariot racing at Hickstead, courtesy of Horse and Hound:



While I was searching for the video above, I came across something a little closer to home that takes the whole competition a step further.  This footage was shot at Equine Affaire in Massachusetts in 2009.  I try to schedule a business trip to Massachusetts every year around Equine Affaire - how the heck did I miss this???  Hoping it's on the schedule this year, as I need to figure out a way to get involved!



Anyway, there's your Hump Day giggle.  Don't say I never gave you anything!

4 comments:

  1. Donkeys have been all over the news in my horse community lately, so it's so weird that you'd post these super adorable videos! I was always under the impression that people mostly kept donkeys as cute, stubborn little pets/companions to their horses. A recent case of donkey neglect in my area and the discovery of an entire rescue agency devoted to donkeys really opened my eyes to the fact that there is a really passionate set of people out there who trail ride with their donkeys, have jumping donkeys, etc. So cute!

    Essie

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, how cute is that?! LOVE donkeys! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I once witnessed a "Miniature Donkey Panty Race" in person at the NC State Fair on mule & donkey day. They raced mini donkeys in hand down to a giant pair of granny panties, put them on, and raced back. It awarded ribbons and points I shit you not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahahahaha. Guess who I just sent this to. Where would one purchase a chariot, if one were in the market for such a thing, I wonder?

    ReplyDelete