Wednesday, May 16, 2012

My Weekend at the Jersey Fresh Three Day Event...

Happy Wednesday, friends of AWIP!  Quite frankly, I had to take a look at the calendar and make sure it was, in fact, Wednesday.  How the heck do these weeks go by so dang quickly??

Anywhooo, in case you don't follow Horse Junkies United and my antics over there, here are some links to my recent posts so you can see what I've been up to.  The Jersey Fresh International Three Day Event was held this past weekend at the New Jesey Horse Park in Allentown, NJ.  As I firmly believe that you can learn from any horseperson, regardless, of discipline, I took the opportunity to see how the other half lives, so to speak. 

Ummm, they live dangerously

Hope you like the posts, and Happy Wednesday!


Boyd and Neville!! Photo by Noah
A Hunter Jumper Converts for a Day – Dressage at Jersey Fresh, presented by Five Star Tack

I’m going to start this post with the following bit of important news:  I MET BOYD MARTIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAACCCKKKKK!

Sorry, had to go there. I feel badly, because I saw him walking with a group of people and totally had a brain fart, forgot my manners, and brazenly walked up and introduced myself (bad Amy!)
Read more...





Phillip Dutton and Indie
A Hunter Jumper at Jersey Fresh – Possible Conversion Afoot? presented by Five Star Tack

One of my favorite regular contributors to the Chronicle of the Horse forums has a tagline in her signature that I love: “Come to the Dark Side, We Have Cookies!” This is a very apt quote for me, as I’ll go almost anywhere if there are cookies involved.

However, I didn’t need the promise of cookies to take a wander down to the Jersey Fresh International Three Day Event held at the New Jersey Horse Park this past weekend. The chance to see great horses and watch amazing riding was enough of a draw for me. Oh yeah, that and it was an Olympic selection event for the US eventing team!

Read More...


 

5 comments:

  1. Jersey Fresh is always such a blast. I only got to see a little bit of it this year, but I'm glad I went. Great posts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I'd known you were there so we could have met. And thank you for the kind words -- very much appreciated. Did you see the baby hippo in front of Oldwick Animal Hospital on Sunday? Made me think of you. (Because of our common posts, not for any other reason! HAHAHA!)

      Delete
  2. You are an Eventer at heart!!! Come on over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Only if they have a Wussie division and Sug gets a pass on the water obstacles. You know Her Majesty does not get her piggies wet!

      Delete
    2. They absolutely have wussie divisions that involve no water.

      Delete