Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remebering September 11, 2001.

That day, I was holding my brand new baby girl, just home from the hospital. 

Today, as on every other day, I will fly an American flag that was once flown in remembrance of my family over Bagram Airfield.  We are honored to fly this flag, and to have befriended the soldier who sent it us while he was deployed during Operation Enduring Freedom.

On that day, we didn't know if there would be many more days to come, or many more flags to fly.  Today, I remember those who were lost, and give thanks for those who have fought for this country, our freedom, and for our right to live life without terror. 


The Eleventh Of September


We mourn their loss this day this year

Those now with God, no danger near


So many loved ones left do stand

Confronting loss throughout our land



My heart goes out to those who do

No one can fathom what they view



I firmly pray for peace of mind

Dear God please help each one to find



And to our soldiers now at war

God guide above, at sea, on shore



They are the best, I have no doubt

Our country’s pride, complete, devout



The finest force you’ll ever see

All freedom grown through liberty



One final thought comes clear to me

For what must live in infamy



Absolutely - We’ll Remember

The Eleventh - Of September



Written by Roger J. Robicheau ©2002





In Memory of Frank Spinelli.

No comments:

Post a Comment