Friday, May 31, 2013

I'm Baaaacck! (And Still Batty as a Bedbug!)

So most of last week was spent auditing the George H. Morris Gladstone Program and reporting on it for Horse Junkies United.  If you haven't had a chance to check out the coverage, you can find them all here.  What an amazing experience!. I took almost 50 pages of notes!  Sometimes it seemed as if every word coming out of the man's mouth was another pearl of wisdom.

So, it kinda sucks that I haven't been able to get to the barn and try out all my new knowlege.  You know how it is, right?  You stock up on good information and then wait for a chance to hop on your pony and be McLain Ward/Steffan Peters/Jen Alfano all rolled into one? Never quite happens that way, though, does it? I'm just hoping my brain will hang on to everything I learned long enough for me to actually use it! 

In the meantime, I'm feeding the horse addiction a couple of ways....

1) Re-reading the Pony Club Manuals.



2) Watching my new DVD.



3)  Trying desperately to whip Brenda Breyer into shape.  I mean really, forget the lack of approved tack - what on earth is this outfit she has on?  And no helmet??? Look at those heels -- she has no weight in them!  Despite that she is clearly riding from front to back, as evidenced by the fact that the horse is up in the withers and his croup is lowered.



Why no, I haven't had any wine.  What makes you ask?

Missed you all!  MWAH!

6 comments:

  1. Poor Brenda, can't even take a quick hack around the carpet without getting critiqued on her riding!

    LOLOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy, after reading your comment I was tempted to feel badly for giving Brenda a hard time, then I realized that the girl has hundreds of her own horses,so I'm gonna stay with my original sentiments. 'Cause you know, maturity and the high road are things I avoid. LOL :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh! xD
    So, I just wanna tell you that I absolutely LOVE your blog!! (I think I've said that a few times before.) My mom is despairing because she hopes that the horse thing is just a phase; but we both know that someday I'll probably be a lot like you. :P
    I just recently bought a Breyer (freaking out, of course, at it's amazing price that my mother would never understand about), and she wanted to know if I would still be buying them when I'm 22. I told her, "Hopefully!" Like you, they're the horses I ride/train when I'm unable to go to the barn and my horse-craziness is driving everybody else bonkers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SammyJo, that is quite possibly the sweetest thing anyone's said to me in a long while. Thank you! Tell your Mom that the horse thing is not a phase, but that's why you are getting an education, so that one day you can afford to pay for it!

      Delete
    2. That Archie Cox DVD is one of my favorites to watch and rewatch.

      Delete