Friday, May 3, 2013

When Horse Life Spills Into Real Life...

I had one of those "Oh, for cripes sake!" moments today while driving home from lunch.

I have spent so much time working on rhythm and pace and staying in the same canter so I can see the striding to a fence that it's taken over my world. 

I found myself driving down the highway estimating how many "strides" away from other vehicles I was.  Then I did my best to stay at the same pace so as not to overtake them.  Then I played with adding strides (slowing the car down) and leaving them out (accelerating.)

Umm, yeah, maybe it's time to get fitted for a huggy jacket.

Your thoughts??

8 comments:

  1. no judgement from me. I often do the exact same thing when I'm running.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Bless your heart, Katie! Thanks for making me feel more "normal." And thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. Just don't chip in an extra stride and hit the "fence" on the highway in front of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't walk down a sidewalk with seams in it without adjusting my pace accordingly to get to the right "spot".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I do the same as Lauren, figure out how many "strides" to the next crack in the sidewalk and make adjustments as I go.

    If you need a huggy jacket, I think we all do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. While watching my Detroit Lions play one Sunday afternoon, I said something that prompted my wife to accuse me of being "as bad as those little girls". As running back Kevin Jones was sprinting to the end zone, I shouted "Go Vinnie, go!" Vinnie, of course, does not play for the Detroit Lions. He is a Thoroughbred and my favorite horse at the lesson barn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! That's a riot!! Did you yell "Go Vinnie!" during the recent Kentucky Derby?

      Delete
  6. I have clucked to my car on occasion in attempt to get it to go faster...

    ReplyDelete