Wednesday, July 3, 2013

It's A Major Award!!!


Careful, it's Fra-gee-lay!
 So, I've kinda been a slacker this summer, which I will apologize profusely for and offer the standard excuses: Work has been crazy, kids' schedules, blah, blah, blah and so forth and so on.  While I was slacking, it seems like Dragon of I Trot On and Wolfie of What Was I Thinking...? and Sammy Jo of Hoofprints nominated AWIP for the Liebster Award.  Awww, thanks, friends and fellow bloggers!!!  That made my day! (And I'm so sorry it took me so long to recognize your kindness.)

The Liebster Blog Award is a way to recognize blogs who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is a German word that means beloved and valued. Here are the rules for accepting the award:


•Thank the person who nominated you and include a link back to their blog.

•List 11 random facts about yourself.

•Answer the 11 questions given to you.

•Create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate.

•Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or fewer followers to nominate and include links to their blogs.

•Go to each blogger's page and let them know you have nominated them.  (I may be a bit slow on this part, but I will get there, I promise!



11 Random Facts About Me (There will be a quiz later.)

1. I am a Sagittarius.  Not that this really means anything, just figured I'd share that.
2. I am allergic to seafood, which is fine by me, as it's never really appealed to me anyway.
3. I have blue eyes.  They don't work too well, so I wear contacts.
4. I am prone to sinus infections.  Can you tell I have absolutely NO CLUE what to write about???
5. I am addicted to coffee, wine, chocolate, cheese, and garlic.  Not necessarily all at once.
6. My favorite wines are Sauvignon Blanc and Malbec, although I am also partial to Syrah and Prosecco.  Who am I kidding?  If it's wine, I'll drink it.
7. Am slowly moving away from football to soccer as my televised sports addiction.  I blame this on my daughter, the future USA women's soccer star.
8.  Given the choice, I would live by the ocean.  I love Maryland's Eastern Shore -- lots of land and access to some of the most beautiful water on Earth.
9.  I love to cook, although I do not follow recipes very well. 
10.  I prefer small, cozy, cottage type homes to really big homes.
11. I have sung 99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall using Roman numerals.


The Questions Asked of Me


1.Get up early to ride, or stay up late?  Early.  I am NOT a night person. 


2.What do you do for a living?   I'm the Associate Publisher for a B2B trade publication.  Biggest responsibility is creating integreated marketing programs for my clients.

3.What do you wish you did for a living?   Aside from an Olympic level equestrian? (Discipline does not matter).  I'd love to be a writer.  I can picture myself living in a seaside cottage somewhere, with enough property for a small barn, riding ring and paddocks, writing best sellers.

4.If you could try any type of riding what would it be?  Probably eventing, but I'm too chickenshit.

5.What is one thing about your horse you wish you could change?   I wish she were younger.  She's 17 now.  I wish I'd gotten her when she was 7 or 8 so we'd have more time together.

6.If you could change your horse's name to anything (registered or barn) what would it be?  Her registered name is Obottie, which is sort a family name that comes from her KWPN mare line.  Show announcers can't pronounce it, even when I spell it phonetically, but I've never cared much about changing it. 
7.Facebook, Tumblr, or Instagram?  Facebook.  Don't know Tumblr, and really don't know much about Instagram either.

8.Ebay, Craigslist, or Tack shop?  Tack Shop.

9.If you could take on the life of any character in any TV show or movie, who would it be?   Gibbs, from NCIS, because I would like to be that strong in my sense of self and in my convictions, and would like to be that kind of natural leader that people look up to.
10.If you had an unlimited budget, what type of car or truck would you buy?  Well, if we're talking fantasy I'd love one of those fancy deluxe horse box/RV set ups.  Something like one of these. That would suit me just fine.  Now, I'd just need the $$ to be able to take it someplace!!

11.If you could move to any part of the world, where would it be?  England.  Or Marylan's Eastern Shore.  Or the Carolinas. 


11 Blogs with under 200 Followers (in no particular order)

Confessions of an AA Event Rider and Convicted Overthinker I Pick CRAZY Princess Diva Diaries  Just A Girl and Her Horse
Adventures With Shiloh
Tucker the Wunderkind
SprinklerBandits
SheMovedToTexas
A Fat Girl & A Fat Horse  (Best damn blog title ever, IMO!)
Viva Carlos
AllIn
CalmForwardStraight
Bob the Equestrian

OK, Liebster Bloggers, I'm gonna cheat on this one.  You can answer the 11 questions I did, as I have not had enough coffee to create any.  Or, feel free to make your own up and answer them.  We're not about rule following here at AWIP.

Go forth and blog!






4 comments:

  1. Noooooo!!! Somebody beat me to it (again)! I had you in my nominees earlier this week! It was just such a long entry that I didn't get around to publishing it untit today. >.<
    Well, I'm nominating you anyway. Accept it. . .or don't. It's up to you. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Thank you, Sammy Jo! I'm honored. And note that you've been included in the thanks in paragraph one. :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for nominating me! I too prefer small cottages to large houses... but that may also be because I am too horse poor to afford a large house ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to get to know you! I am originally from Nova Scotia, so the ocean is in my blood. I like Gibbs at NCIS too. :-) Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete