Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Visions of Sugarplums...and New Show Shirts...

If you follw the retail calendar, you'd think it was Christmas already, not two weeks away from Halloween.  The local Walmart is all decked out in Holiday paraphernalia, and I'm getting at least 2 toy catalogs a day.  The kids are starting to get wound up and are putting together their lists -- never mind that said lists will be lost and revised a gazillion times between now and 12/25.

Personally, I'm trying to be proactive this year by starting my shopping early, so I've been paging through catalogs and surfing the web. I've seen a bunch of great Christmas presents; unfortunately, they are all for me.

For example, I'm sure I need at least 2 show shirts from a new company I found through getmyfix.org.  I am in LUUUUUUUUUUUV with this new Cerise Toile show shirt from Cheval Fashions.  In a word? Yummy!  It's something you can wear in the ring, and also as an every day shirt that expresses your sense of equestrian style as you go about your real world activities.  Additionally, it's 100 thread count cotton, so it's luxurious, and durable (key piece of information if you are prone to involuntary dismounts, as I am!)  Sadly, this beauty is from the 2012 line, so if you want it now, you'd better get your tuckus up to the Royal Fair and Horse Show, you're in for a bit of a wait!




I'm also feeling the need to acquire one of their belts.  Is anyone else a bit of a belt addict?  This one is calling my name in a big way.  Bit of a dilemma, though - which name to use?  I don't like putting my own name on things, as then strangers tend to use it and I look like a twit until I realize they're not psychic. I could use my horse's name, however, my mare's registered name, Obottie, is a bit odd, and her barn name, Sugar, well that may raise a few eyebrows or imply I think a little too highly of myself.  Will have to think on that.  I guess I could go for the belt without the letters, but what would be the fun in that??


Happy birthday to me, maybe??? I think Yes!

Anyway, just go check them out.  You could wind up with one of these under your tree!





1 comment:

  1. I am still laughing over the thought of you walking around wearing a belt that says "Sugar."

    ReplyDelete