Saturday, March 24, 2012

Great Start to the Weekend!

Don't have time to share it all now, but YAY!!! Great start to the weekend!

This Mental Coaching stuff really seems to be working! Had my first jump school with my trainer since she got back from WEF and I managed to keep my neuroses in check and focus on my task. Were we perfect? No. We were effective, and I reacted correctly to the situations I found myself in, instead of going fetal. Major progress there.

Today I had the priviledge of auditing a clinic given by Bernie Traurig at Mary Bbaick's Knightsbridge Farms in Atlantic Highlands, NJ. Bernie, aside from being a world class rider in Show Jumping, Eventing, and Dressage, is the founder and President of EquestrianCoach.com.

My kids and I have been enjoying the learning from EquestrianCoach.com for some months now. I have numerous DVDs of competitions, but the problem is that I can only guess at what I think is going on when I watch them. When watching EquestrianCoach.com, it's like having John madden of the NFL do his X's and O's and diagram what's going happening on horseback. This lead to a LOT of Ah-hah moments for yours truly.

So, no time to write it all out now, as I took 8 pages of notes today. Will try to distill it into something coherent shortly. In the meantime, if you've never seen EquestrianCoach.com, do yourself a favor and check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment