Monday, March 28, 2011

Another Great Name for a Racehorse...

Some people have a knack for naming things.  I don't.  My first cat was named Tigger after the Winnie-the-Pooh character, and my black & white rabbit was called Oreo. 

I have to hand it to the folks that come up with the names for Thoroughbred racehorses; some are completely bizarre, others are so funny they have you rolling in your seat.

Today's favorite is Louisiana Derby winner "Pants On Fire," one of the potential Derby combatants currently on the AP's list of Top 10 Derby Contenders. 

You gotta love the scrappy looking dark bay colt with the Day-Glow silks and noseband.  The only thing that would make this story more perfect is if he had a barn-mate named "Liar Liar" that was running in the Derby.  Either way, I know which horse my money's on!

No comments:

Post a Comment