Monday, March 21, 2011

Reading Rut....

In the airport on my way to Chicago for business. Although I have plenty of work to do, I can't resist a trip to the Hudson News to check out the latest books on offer. I peruse all the books I should, the ones that will broaden my mind, cause me to rethink my existence and possibly foment change. There were quite a few to choose from; something about a happiness project, another on time management (snooze) and one on how to clear away the BS in front of you to enable yourself to make faster, better decisions. All were topics that could have benefitted me.

What did I wind up getting? A book with a horse on the cover. Saw that one coming, didn't you? The book is called "The Lord of Misrule." Apparently this novel will "capture the dusty, dark, and beautiful world of small-time horse racing.". Count me in, here's my credit card!

The work I should be doing on the plane? Ain't gonna happen. Will let you know how it turns out...

No comments:

Post a Comment