Monday, March 7, 2011

In the "What Not to Name Your Horse" Category..

Seriously, perhaps I shouldn't be making fun of this.  My horse's registered name is Obottie (?!!?!) and her barn name is Sugar.  Both names have been ridiculed by many.  Perhaps this is one of those "glass houses" moments, but take a gander at this video of a race at Saratoga.  I HAVE to know who named this horse and what the story behind it is -- I'm sure it's a doozy.

You gotta love how "into" the call of the race the announcer gets.  Bet that microphone was soaked!!

Enjoy -- and let me know of any other fun horse names you've heard of!


3 comments:

  1. Reminds me of my dog Ruff who was named so I could call her by sounding like a dog myself...Ruff! Ruff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha how funny is that?? That announcer was really into it, too, wasn't he? *giggle*. Thanks for starting my day off with a laugh :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arrr! Hee hee. Winning!

    I'd love for you to share your blog storeis with us on our Tuesday Link Parties at http://www.RochesterTrailRiders.com

    ReplyDelete