Thursday, May 26, 2011

Protect Your Melon!

This is the Helmet I Want!!!
Last year National Helmet Awareness Day was such a huge success that Riders4Helmets is sponsoring an International Helmet Awareness Day this year.

Stateside:  To make sure we're all cover up every time we're mounting up, several manufacturers will be offering discounts through select retailers on June 11, 2011.  If you've been thinking about getting a new helmet, had your helmet longer than 5 years, or have recently had a fall (decreasing the safety of your current helmet) check out helmets from the following participating retailers:  Troxel, Charles Owen, Tipperary, Ovation, International Riding Helmets (IRH), GPAAegis (Devon-Aire), KEP Italia, Samshield, and Pegasus.

For a list of participating US retailers, click here.

Old Blighty (UK):  Participating manufacturers that will be offering discounts through selected equestrian retailers in the UK on International Helmet Awareness Day 2011 include: Charles Owen and Champion.

I've worn a helmet all my life, and feel naked without one.  To me, it's simply like wearing a helmet when playing football or hockey, and wearing a seat belt.  I do wish we could add a little more fun to them, though, as I've said in an older post.  I'd like a fan, or spikes, or flames -- something to give me more confidence and potentially intimidate the little pony urchins that ride against me in the Level 0's, going Mach 1 with their little pigtails on fire whilst I gently cruise around the course, trying to hold off dementia long enough to remember where I'm going...

No comments:

Post a Comment