Friday, August 31, 2012

Quality Time...

Libby and Percy. 
Good friends of the
2-and-4 legged variety.
Serendipity.  Don't you just love that word?  It means a "happy accident" or "pleasant surprise." That was last night.

Sophie was in Hershey park (again) with a friend, so Noah and I went to the barn by ourselves.  I guess most of New Jersey is on vacation, as for once Routes 287 and 78 were relatively open and we made good time.  That enabled us to make a stop at Melick's Town Farm for carrots, some apple butter, locally grown veggies, and homemade cookies.  As we drove away Noah turned to me and said, "You know, something about shopping there just makes me feel so good." I replied, "You know, I feel the same way," and for the rest of the way to the barn we had a lovely discussion about why that was.

We got to the barn, groomed the girls, and then split riding time on Sugar.  Our barn buddies Terri, Libby and Tamsin were also there, so it was a nice communal ride.  Bless Tamsin's heart, she'd brought pizza along for all of us to share, so after we cooled out the horses we all sat down and had pizza, beer, and the cookies Noah and I had liberated a little bit earlier.  Tamsin's hubby Dave and her son Trevor joined us, and we all relaxed while Trevor, Libby's dog Percy and Billie Jean, the barn's mini donkey, provided entertainment.



Billie Jean thinks she might like some wine...

Trevor: Ready to Ride!


The evening was balmy with a gentle breeze, and the moon was in full view over the treetops.  After we all went our separate ways, Noah and I had a lovely chat while driving home, one of those everything-and-nothing chats that just make you glad you're together. (Hopefully he'll remember this night I commit some infraction and he's convinced I am the Worst Mother on the Planet.)   Don't you just love when things just fall nicely into place and you have a peaceful, enjoyable evening with your friends of both the two-legged and four-legged varieties?

1 comment: