Tuesday, January 1, 2013

I'm Bringing in 2013 the Right Way...

...by doing my bit to stimulate the economy and (ahem) trying not to blow off work and spend the day watching the George H. Morris Horsemastership Training Session on the USEF Network.

Yep, somebody had a bunch of gift certificates from Santa burning a hole in her breeches pockets, so a decent portion of the afternoon was spent at a tack store in the company of my buddy Marissa.  Mind you, you couldn't pay me to spend time at a mall, but I'll spend HOURS in a tack store.

I've spent a decent amount of time (hours!) since Christmas envisioning what to spend my money on, and Marissa and I engaged in some deadly serious, high level pow-wows going over what made sense and what didn't.  Seriously, you'd think we were planning to invade a country with the amount of intensity we were putting into these discussions.

I'd hoped to get a pair of winter tall boots but none really worked (narrow feet) so I opted to get new half chaps- at least I can wear heavy socks with my paddock boots. Marissa tried on a pair of jean breeches that looked great on her - not so much on me.  Tried a size bigger than I normally wear and let's just say that there was some pretty unsightly tummy bulge AND when I sat down I swear the waistband dug in so far it shoved my ovaries up to my eyeballs.  Time for some extra serious treadmill time, and for some duct tape over my mouth!

Tomorrow I head back to work.  Bless my company, they put up with me and they have the decency to shut their offices over the holidays. Only problem (aside from the fact that I don't fit in any of my clothes, darn it!) is that my first day back to work coincides with the first day of the George H. Morris Horsemastership Training Session. Damn. Double damn. This is one of those rock and a hard place things. You know, a moral dilemma. Must work. Wanna watch George. Gotta work. Really wanna watch George. I know I can watch the replay at night, but it's just not the same. 

Any bets as to how this is gonna play out?

4 comments:

  1. Yay! You can't beat a tack store shopping trip! Love! I'm having a heck of a time finding tall boots to fit me...knee to foot length is about 4 inches shorter than nearly every single tall boot brand I've tried. Nothing like trying to walk around in a boot that covers your knee! Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi BeBe, yes, each day's events will be on VOD each night. http://www.usefnetwork.com/featured/2013GeorgeMorris/

      Delete
  3. I wish my town had a tackstore. :(
    Not that I ever have any "extra" money to spend, anywho. I think most horse people are pretty tight-fisted--we have to be with such an expensive passion. So, the serious talks about what to spend Christmas money on is not an unwise idea. ;)

    ReplyDelete