Friday, April 22, 2011

Meredith Wears Brown Boots and Eric and Nina Claim Team Title in Le Saut Hermès...

Jumping Under the Dome in Le Grand Palais
First off, could there be a cooler place to ride than the Grand Palais in Paris?  New item on the bucket list -- watch a horse show there.  The dome is gorgeous, although I can imagine the changes in light could cause a few horses to have an unscripted moment or two.

As for the bit about Meredith Michaels Beerbaum in the title post, let me explain.  I've always loved brown tall boots, but was told (and apparently quite foolishly believed) by a previous trainer that only men could wear brown boots.  Call me gullible if you wish, you certainly wouldn't be the first to do so. 

Anyway, I was taking my afternoon "I'm tired of work and need a horse break" on the Chronicle of the Horse Forum and I came across a thread about Meredith and her brown boots.  The original post contained the video below, and of course, the first thing I noticed were her boots.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE them, and the second I have a small fortune to blow (not bloody likely anytime soon) I'm gonna get a pair.  This should happen about the same time Halley's Comet comes back around (which should be in 2061, when I will be close to 100, and probably not riding, so yeah, the likelihood of me picking up a pair of these beauties is slim to none.)

Note: Right after I wrote this I got the latest Practical Horseman in the mail, and right there on the cover is eventer Laine Ashker wearing brown tall boots.  Guess it's time to come out from under my rock! Next someone will tell me it's okay to wear acid washed jeans again!

The other cool thing about this footage from Paris (aside from the opportunity to practice my French) is the actual class format.  I can't remember ever seeing a pairs jumping competition before.  Looks like a blast!  Eric Lamaze and Finland's Nina Fagerström, who train together in Belgium, won the class.  Beezie Madden, on Coral Reef Via Volo, and Richard Spooner, with Cristallo, took second.  Meredith, on her mare Kismet 50, and Marcus Ehning, riding 2010 World Cup partner Plot Blue, came in third.














No comments:

Post a Comment