Friday, April 29, 2011

Work Woes Thanks to Streaming Video...

I can't be expected to be productive today.  Really, I can't.  Instead of client appointments and conference calls, my calendar today looks something like this:
                                                                                                     
6:00 AM Royal Wedding      ( I know it started earlier but I checked the schedule and the important stuff doesn't  start until 6.  Who needs to see all the minor royals arriving; sleep is much more important.)

8:40 AM  FEI Rolex World Cup Show Jumping  Round 2    http://www.feitv.org/       Helloooooooo! Gotta watch this.  Sorry Kate and Wills, but this trumps your shindig, hands down.

10: 00 AM - 3:30 PM  Rolex Kentucky 3 Day Event - Dressage Day 2.       Can you say CONUNDRUM?????  Can only guess I will have 2 windows open on my computer and will be shuttling back and forth between feeds, muting sound if clients or boss happen to call.   Check out the live webcast.

At some point I am supposed to go pick up a dress for a wedding that I'm in -- guess that will have to wait until after 3:30 or next week, in which case it better fit as it will be too late to alter it then.

Am taking a quick peek at my To-Do list and it's a mile long, not to mention that I need to stop putting off doing my expense reports before American Express blacklists me.  Ugh.  Oh well,  horses win, as the work will still be there (I hope!) Monday and these events won't be.

If you are wondering why my boss doesn't drop by my desk and yell at me, it's because I am lucky enough to work from my home.  Mostly a blessing, sometimes a curse (never being very far from the fridge is not a good thing!)

Looks like I'm going to be parked in front of the computer this weekend as well, when not running kids to various sporting events, hosting my 12 year old's slumber party, my father's birthday, or riding.   Here's the outlook for the weekend, in case you'd like to pull up a chair in front of your screen:

Saturday: 9:30 AM - 3:30 PM     Rolex Kentucky 3 Day Event - Cross Country http://www.usefnetwork.com/
Note:  There will be intermittent breaks.

Sunday:  12PM - 2:00 PM  Rolex Kentucky 3 Day Event - Show Jumping   http://www.usefnetwork.com/    Coverage will be suspended at 2:00 PM for NBC's live Broadcast, and then will resume on a tape delay from 3:00-4:30 fore the final jumping rounds and award presentation.

7:40 AM - TBD  FEI Rolex World Cup Show Jumping  Round 3 http://www.feitv.org/  

11:55 - TBD   FEI Rolex World Cup Show Jumping Finals http://www.feitv.org/

Note: All these events times are listed in EST.

No comments:

Post a Comment