|The Soccer Phenom in action in an approved setting|
Anyway, the ball got put away, but not soon enough. Half an hour later the kids decided to play the Wii, and came up to tell us the TV was not working. How we didn't make the connection, I don't know. (Wine, maybe?) How the 3 boys who were here managed to keep mum about the guilty party's activities is also beyond my ken. It wasn't until my husband checked on the TV the next morning and the Boy commented, "Wow, I didn't think Sophie had hit it THAT hard with the soccer ball," that all become clear to us. OK, so good thing the folks at NCIS don't depend on us to crack cases...
On the GOOD side of the ledger this week, my entry was chosen for HillBilly Farms' parody of George Morris' Jumping Clinic. Sidesplittingly funny!
Also, I was nominated, not once, but TWICE, for the Liebster award! (Thank you, lovely blogging buddies LWilliams at Viva Carlos and EQUESTRIANATHART!)
Liebster means “dearest” in German, and the award is intended to help up-and-coming blogs get the attention they deserve. Here are the rules:
1. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who gave you the award
3. Pick your five favorite blogs with less than 200 followers, and leave a comment on their blog to let them know they have received the award.
4. Hope that the five blogs chosen will keep spreading the love and pass it on to five more blogs!
So, I'm passing along the love, and here are my nominees (in no particular order):
1) I Pick Crazy: I love Emme, the author, and am devastated we don't live near each other, because as I read her blog I can see we'd get up to all kinds of shenanigans together. Tell me you don't ADORE the picture of her mare, the one with the forelock up in the air.
2) Bob the Equestrian : Bob's accounts of his lessons leave me laughing like a loon and gasping for breath. Oh, and also wondering where he finds those funny t-shirts.
3) Tucker the Wunderkind: Marissa was my very first blogging buddy, and I am so thankful I am lucky enough to live by her, so we CAN get up to all kinds of shenanigans. Reading about her adventures with Tucker, truly the sweetest bay boy imaginable, makes my day.
4) Confessions of an AA Event Rider and Convicted Overthinker: OK, if the title itself didn't drag me in (A fellow overthinker? I'm IN!) the fact that she's got a mare named Sugar would have. Oh yeah, and the great writing keeps me coming back for more...
5) The Road Apple: Am a HUGE fan of HillBilly Farms (LOVE their grooming tote!) and expect more hilarity from their blog. If you are a fan of The Onion, this is the equine version. Plus, my Pop Pop used to call horse poop road apples, so I just love the name.
Heaven knows I could go on, because there are so many blogs I read and enjoy, but the rules say five and it's getting perilously close to work time and I have yet to shower, we'll have to leave it at that.