Monday, February 27, 2012

My New Favorite Fitness Regime...

I injured myself 5 months ago and fell off the workout wagon for a good long time. Now I'm much better, albeit a bit "poofier," and should really be getting back on the dang wagon instead of watching it continue to roll on past me whilst I sip a class of Sauvignon Blanc. Problem is, when you fall off the wagon, you tend to lose motivation and get to a point where you think, "Wagon? What wagon? I don't need no stinking wagon. Pour another glass of that wine!"

Alright, I may be carrying that a bit too far, but you get my point. Once you stop, it's hard to get started again unless there's a significant motivator. (If memory serves, there's a law in there somewhere -- something about inertia? What is that one? An object at rest stays at rest, unless acted upon by an outside force.)

Anyway, this particular object has been at rest, but a desire to improve my riding and a fear of needing to purchase bigger breeches (or Spanx)has motivated me to get back into physical activity. Well, that and a few good friends, otherwise known as "outside forces" (Allison, you know I mean you!) who are very good evangelists for the healthy lifestyle.

Thus, I got back to work. Or working out. Whatever. So far it's been some yoga, a little bit of cardio, and light weights.

However, I've come across a workout program that I think will be a wildly successful one for me, as it combines a good core workout with one of my favorite things in life. Consider it the ultimate anti-inertia core workout! Thanks to my good friend Sarah for passing this along!!

5 comments:

  1. Huge smiles and just a bit of a guffaw! Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel inspired. So much so that I plan to do every one of these, spending extra time on the long stretch over the exercise ball. I feel that warming up is paramount to any new exercise regime, so I am thinking warm spiced wine would be appropriate. Fitness is right around the corner for me. Well, actually it is on Second street at the winery, but I'll just pick up some exercise equipment on my way home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is that it's best with white wine, as red tends to stain! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Emme -- LOL! Am rolling! "Actually, it is at Second Street at the winery..."
    Pick up a sauvignon blanc for me??

    ReplyDelete